Subscription genealogy site Ancestry.com has opened up its collections of Irish records for free through March 17.
The free records include
• church and civil indexes to Irish births and baptisms, marriages, and deaths (these are from FamilySearch.org )
• the 1901 and 1911 Irish censuses
• Catholic sacramental registers
• Quebec vital and church records from the Drouin collection
• Griffith’s Valuation
• New York Emigrant Savings Bank records
• Irish Canadian emigration records
Search the Irish record collections here. You’ll need to register for a free Ancestry.com account (or log into your free account) to take advantage of this offer. The free period ends Monday, March 17 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Ancestry.com also is offering its AncestryDNA test, which can break out your Irish ancestry from the rest of the UK to show you where your roots might lie, for $89 (10 percent off).
AND when the free period is over, you could also Google “free Irish genealogy” and see what else turns up!